The Adult Mental Health Service consists of multi-disciplinary teams providing both community and inpatient care. Many of these services are provided in collaboration with partner agencies, both statutory and non-statutory.
Our vision is to work with service users, carers, and key stakeholders to develop a range of services and support networks that ensures individuals are empowered to live as optimal a life as possible.
We believe services should be as close to home as possible and indeed, in the majority of cases, people will be supported to remain within their home environment.
Access Service for Adult Mental Health
Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin: 0300 124 0365
Who should call these numbers?
- Anybody who is worried about their mental health
- Anybody using South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare's adult mental health services who needs to contact us out of hours
- Anybody who cares for someone receiveing adult mental health services from us
- Anybody concerned about the mental health of an adult family member or close friend
- Professionals needing advice and guidance regarding mental health issues
One in four of us will experience a mental health problem at some point in our lives (McManus et al, (2009). Adult psychiatric morbidity in England, 2007: results of a household survey. The NHS Information Centre for health and social care.). The experience will be different for each of us, as will the type of support we need.